Counseling for Anxiety
Do you find yourself constantly worrying? Are you anxious and on edge all the time? Do you try to stop yourself from worrying, but you just can’t turn it off?
If this sounds like you, you are in the right place. I have very effective treatments that will teach you helpful coping skills, address the issues that triggered your anxiety, and help you change the thinking patterns that keep you stuck.
Therapy has been proven to be the best treatment for anxiety. While you might find relief with medications, these only treat the symptoms. To create lasting change, it is important to treat the cause of the anxiety and not just the symptoms.
Common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Chronic feelings of nervousness, tension, and fear
- Ruminating over the worries with an inability to focus on anything else
- Sleep disturbances
- Obsessive thoughts and behaviors that must be repeated, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Panic attacks
- Feelings of danger or dread
- Physical symptoms can include rapid, shallow breathing, sweating, trembling, tingling limbs, and chest pain
- Anxiety can also be the result of a traumatic experience causing hypervigilance and avoidance behaviors, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Psych Hub offers this helpful video on anxiety
Treatment Options for Anxiety
I offer two therapeutic approaches for addressing anxiety. Both Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and EMDR Therapy have been proven to be effective treatments for anxiety. We will work together to set specific goals to learn coping skills, resolve underlying causes, and change negative thinking patterns that fuel fear and anxiety.
If you suffer from anxiety, please contact me today for a free consultation. You deserve to feel calm, safe, and at peace.